- The most reliable cure for cancer is not to get it in the first place. This doesn’t mean we need to live our lives in a bubble or in fear. Everyday things like getting a healthy dose of sunlight, the process of digesting food, obtaining oxygen from the air we breathe contribute to some level of stress on the body and can contribute to harmful and potentially cancer causing free radicals. And certainly there are some not so healthy things we indulge in from time to time. The rule here is moderation. A moderate amount of sunlight is good for the body, too much can be quite harmful. Exercise is known to be beneficial but too much can tear the body down. Of course all of these things can be compounded if the diet is poor and does not assist the body in dealing with these stresses.
- Getting adequate sleep is critically important to maintaining health. The body does most of its repair and maintainence during healthy sleep. Don’t be afraid of 8 to 9 hours a night and maybe even a cat nap during the day. Daytime sleep is thought to be 3 times as beneficial as nighttime sleep.
- When it comes to cancer prevention or treating cancer or just maintaining optimum health antioxidants rule the day. Antioxidants are any substance that blocks or inhibits the destructive oxidation reactions produced as a result of free radicals. Antioxidants can be made in the body or supplied through diet. Some good examples of antioxidants are: Vitamins like C and E, minerals selenium and germanium, and phytochemicals from plants such as carotenoids, lycopene, and bioflavonoids.
- Garlic is known to be an effective chelator which can bond with heavy metals that cause free radicals and harmlessly remove them from the body.
- Cancer is not thought to be directly inherited, although it is widely considered that genetic traits such as a compromised immune system can be passed on and therefore increase the risk of degenerative conditions such as cancer.
- There are many alternative therapies for cancer in practice, most of which focus on nutrition and energizing the patient’s own defenses. Perhaps one of the most exciting alternative therapies is the use of vitamin C which is introduced intravenously in high doses to the cancer patient. These high doses of Vitamin C are known to selectively kill cancer cells without the common side effects of chemotherapy and radiation.
- A cancer diagnoses is a devastating prospect for anyone. It is a shame that we live in such an advanced society with so many options, yet when it comes to cancer the medical community only recognizes one method of treatment and that method has improved very little in the last 60 years. A cancer patient feels vulnerable and alone and they are searching for answers and guidance. Yet the doctors speak nothing of the value of nutrition and a cancer patient laying in a hospital bed is likely to be fed white bread and mac and cheese with pudding.
- It was said once “All diseases can be cured, but not all people can be healed”. It really comes down to the individual. One person might be diagnosed with a serious degenerative disease and change nothing about their daily routine whereas another person may stand everything square on its head and question every aspect of their diet and lifestyle. It is a matter of individual choice and certainly that must be respected. But if you or someone you know is faced with a diagnosis as serious as cancer and you are looking for information and options, here is perhaps the best place to start. The DVD documentary “ FoodMatters”. It is easy viewing and it is an eye opener of eye openers.
Written by DMK of Seven Grains.